The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Injuries & laziness

Gah! So, you know that I started going to the massage therapist AND you know that I was sick. Well, it wasn't food poisoning, it was some viral something, and it's not totally gone. Grrrrr...
In sum, I haven't run in over 2 weeks. Yesterday, I swam, which is really the first aerobic activity I've done in that time, other than walking around SF.

I have a knee brace and I'm wearing my compressions sleeves a lot. The massages are really helping, and I believe that he enforced rest will be good for me, though it is quite frustrating.

Yesterday I went to the gym where I ran in the pool & swam for about 35 minutes. It was quite boring- I wish I had a waterproof MP3 player. But I did that, my 150 crunches, and stretched and tortured myself with the foam roller for about 25 minutes. I should go again right now, but I'm making myself go do homework at the library.

I'm not afraid. I know that my race will still be good. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get in the miles that I need for my long runs, but I'll be fine. And I will take a good amount of time off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home