The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Just a quick update on the non-progress

Now, that's actually not true. I shouldn't be negative. I just took the week off to rest my weary bones a bit. I saw the p.t. a couple times, iced things just about every day, and stretched a lot.

Today was just too stinkin' hot to walk (102!!) during the day, and I'm trying to stay away from the creek in the evening, so I rested again. Tomorrow I plan on doing what is in my training instructions: about 3 miles, I believe. It's actually focused on time tomorrow and goal pace, but I'm just going to see how the new shoes and stretched out and abused body do. (Oh, didn't I mention the shoes? There's nothing I love more than spending big money on two pairs of ugly shoes in two months. (Fine, not so much ugly as much as "futuristic and not at all fashionable".))

Again, I'm not worried at all about my ability to do this: financially or physically. I have three months and I have perfect faith that all will go smoothly. Thanks to everyone who is supporting me in every way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home