The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Wahoo!

Today was a VERY good day; possibly the best walk I've had. I just stayed slow and didn't care one whit about going fast, so there wasn't any pain. My doctor (orth) and p.t. looked at me like a maniac when I said I was going to try to do 11 miles today, so I chalked that and did the 7 that those doing the 1/2 marathon had scheduled for today. When I asked him (doctor) where the line is between bravery ("You can do it! No quitting! etc.) and stupidity, his first answer was 11 miles. Then he gave a more practical answer- when tingling/numbness starts, I have to stop.

Well, today I didn't have a hint of pain at all, so it just totally rocked. I was listening to my body, and it just said, "Walk on, sister!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home