The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Over the river and through the woods.

Saturday's workout was very good, but very difficult. We were at the Point Reyes National Seashore, which was gorgeous, but just a hard course for everyone.

There weren't any huge hills, but there were a few that were steep-ish and it was all rolling, so it just ended up taking a toll on the body. I went pretty fast all the way out and part of the way back, but I just was sooooo tired. It really was awesome, though. It was all through the woods and by creeks, and then we came out at a cliff at the ocean. Just wonderful. I've looked for some pictures, and I found this guy's website showing the trail we were on and where it comes out. I was afraid that I would cry once I got to the coast, but I didn't. The temptation to linger was VERY strong, though, so I just stretched a bit and turned back.

Being that we were walking on a fire road through the woods, we originally weren't going to be able to have a water stops, but we had some truly awesome people who trekked out before we did with bags of food and a wagon so that we could get refills and snacks. Thanks to Jill and her kids, and I'll get back to you when I find the names of the two people who went out 2.5 miles with the wagon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Robin! Go!

4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home