The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

This is it!

Tomorrow morning is my triathlon. I am sick, on my period, my mother- and brother-in-law will be here Monday morning, I discovered that I have an irrational fear of the deep water, and I also have a small paper to write before next week's class.

All will be well. I know that a lot of the overwhelmed-ness that I feel is a) rational based upon the above list, and b) a result of the first two items on the list. Dayquil + cramps don't make for a logical, well-reasoned day.

I'm not really worried about the race, just nervous. I want to do it right. I don't want to chafe or anything. I don't WANT to be afraid in the water. I don't plan on being so. I'm caught up in picking out the right clothes, figuring out what else I need to take because we're camping out there tonight, and Seth is coming out later with the dog. I've been cleaning, shopping, packing, trying not to freak out.

I'll let you know how it goes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home