The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Summer of Success

Today was my first day back to running after 2 weeks off due to shin splints.  I hadn't expected it to be very good, but I was just itching to run.  My sister and I were at my lovely park, and I had to do it.  I forgot to put on my compression sleeves, and it was freaking hot, but my body was just feeling speedy.  I tried to make myself go a little slower, but I just got a good time.  I'm really in love with the 1 minute splits.  They make everything better. 

Since my shins keep complaining, and I'm not training for a race right now, I'm not going to do any long runs.  I'm just going to do 30 minute runs three times a week. 

I'm planning on doing my next race in February, and I'd also like to do the Avenue of the Giants Half, and either Nike or the San Jose RnR Half.  So I'll start training again in November, and hopefully my legs will be ready to push it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home