The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Monday, October 01, 2012

I Will Not Give Up

My body hasn't quite been up to snuff for the past year or so. I was having serious tendon issues in my feet last summer, so I went to the podiatrist & got custom inserts. Cool. The day I got them, I went for a small run and tore something in my knee (that was end of October). Limping & physical therapy followed for a few months, then I was back to running, having to start all over again. Fine. We got a second kid for a while, I ran when I could, and I was slowly getting better, then I broke my toe. sigh 

So today was my first official run post-toe-break 6 weeks ago. And it kind of sucked. I was only doing one minute splits, and I was huffing in the heat. My toe was sore, and my RunKeeper program stopped in the middle, so I counted out my splits on my own. I walked a lot. I always walk a lot and run very slowly. I've "re-started" my running career so many times over the past few years. I'm still slow & it still sucks. But you know what? I don't quit. I'm not good at it, but I still (eventually) get my fat butt off the couch and run.it.out.
And even at the end of a poky, sucky run, sweaty and chubby, I feel damn sexy. I hold my head high because I did it. I will not give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home