The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Look at me! Running!

A little bit. Seth and I headed out for 7 miles yesterday...well, that's not true. We headed out planning on about 4 miles, but then we just kept going, determined to reach the next road. We walked down our creek here near the house, and it was really pretty to go farther down than I've gone on it.

Inspired by The Biggest Loser, I told Seth that he had to be my Bob and push me to run, so he did a little bit. I'm sure that Bob would have had me in the fetal position, crying on the ground. My husband has a softer spot for me than all that, and we were avoiding wheezing as much as possible. We did bursts of running at random intervals, even when I didn't want to. My knees and ankles were fine, it's just my lungs that were giving me trouble. So I made a doctor's appointment for this Friday and, hopefully, I'll get back on an inhaler.

When I had an inhaler in the past, I had felt pinchy all the time in my lungs, but I stopped when I didn't feel that anymore. Plus, I was doing a big bunch of nothing before, so the asthma wasn't as much of an issue as it is now with walking and trying to run. I'm really pleased by the lack of knee pain and soreness, so I'm going to keep up my adventures in running. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home