The triumphs and travails of my foray into the world of athleticism.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Perhaps an inhaler is in order.

I was out of town last week, so my walking wasn't what it needed to be, but I did a bit. Out in the hills again, I got another 4 miles in, because I just didn't feel like more.

It turns out that although I was so proud of myself for keeping up with my speedy friends when we went out, I actually hurt myself a bit. Nothing major, but I was very sore up the front of my shins from my ankles, and it took me a while to realize that pushing myself up by two minutes per mile might have not been all that smart. At least not for the length that I did it. I'll try to do it more in baby steps.

I did try running again last week, too. Towards the end of a walk and without having eaten (so no fuel), I did two separate bursts of a minute. It doesn't sound like much to you, but it was a lot for me. Well, maybe not "a lot". I was able to do it, and would have been able to do more if I didn't need to eat and didn't want to crash. It was hard, but I'm going to keep adding to it. And I do think that I'll head to the doctor and see about getting back on my inhaler. I don't really want to, but I think that I should.

Something pleasant from my brief running that I haven't experienced before: my ponytail swishing back and forth while I run. A small pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home